Tuesday, February 03, 2009

A Love Before Time

God I keep listening to the same song over and over again. A love before time.
It is a very touching and sad sound from the movie Couching Tiger Hidden Dragon. If you love oriental music, you'll like this sound. Unfortunately my darling don't really like Coco Lee. I think she's nice. Got a great voice!

Everything I listen to the music and lyrics... I go into the emo state and becomes depressed, sad and lol. well~ and I can't myself from listening to it.

I emailed Aileen today from the NYAA council. I hope she can give me some good advise on incident yesterday. She's one of the best persons to help I guess. Sigh

Anyway, I was reading some articles on Wiki while at work and I remembered some racist incidents not too long ago. Someone called me Chink. I decided to look it up -



Something interesting too "

While usually intended for ethnic Chinese, the slur has also been directed at other East Asians. Mary Paik Lee, (an Asian-American author) a Korean immigrant who arrived with her family in San Francisco in 1906, writes in her autobiography that on her first day of school, girls circled and hit her, chanting:

Ching Chong, Chinaman,
Sitting on a wall.
Along came a white man,
And chopped his head off.[4] "


Ching Chong
(U.S. and Canada) Mocking the language of or a person of perceived Chinese or East Asian descent. An offensive term which has raised considerable controversy when used by celebrities such as Rosie O'Donnell.[33]
Chink
(U.S., UK, and India) used to refer to people of perceived Chinese descent, and by extension for other East Asians. Considered extremely derogatory, although at least one US school proudly used the term as a sports mascot until the 1980s

And you know what? I don't really care!

I have not lost my cultural identify. I am PROUD to be a Chinese. I am proud to be a Thai! In fact, being a Thai-Chinese is one of the best things ever happened to me!

What's so degrading about being a Chinese? What do you see Chinese as? Chinks with slanted eyes? Speaks terrible English? Of violent nature?
Look at how rich the Chinese culture is. How solid it is. We have an identity. A unified race- the greatest language ever, the best poems, the most beautiful literature. Our culture is rich in heritage and history.

What about Thais? Stop fking think in your head that all Thais are prostitutes, drug addicts and swindles.

And what do you call half-breeds like me? Dirty? Scumbag?

I don't care either. I guess it is also no wonder Cho did what he did. I am not saying he is right, but I can feel racial tension and discrimation in his part.


What so good about being a white? We are all sharing the same sun, same moon, same stars. You have no right to degrade us. You are nothing but a disgrace to yourself. You have your own cultures and we have ours. We are proud of what we have and are content, why must you feel jealous and threatened? Haha, Racism



err grrr I shall continue this later. Ian just gave me some articles for STUFF next issue!

No comments:

little target

Nickname ~ Ena ~

Nationality Thai ( **Kisses for Shopping, no $$ though** )

Interests I adore gaming~ Martial Heroes~, Perfect World and stuff (Old noob) and I love my absolute FPS game - Wolfteam. I love Figure skating and lots of other cool i don't know. I love Lifehouse music, and I think they are great. So are kelly and christina. I love music that can bring tears to my eyes too. :)

Miss Mood Changer~~ my mood varies ( important part of my development ^_^ )

Expertise Designs and graphics, Colors, texture and Computers. Yummy~ brushes, patterns, photoshop, photographs Also makeup, makeup, lots of makeup! Ring me if you need bridal, D&D makeovers

Occupation Graduate of the one and only Singapore Polytechnic Diploma in Media and communications Freelance Host, WebDesigner, Makeup Artist (MUA), Full-time Customer Service officer 

Industry

Media and Public Relations, Aviation Authority 

I am a 21 years old graduate of Singapore Polytechnic year 2009 I do feel like picking up the books again but not for something of my line - preferably Dermatogoly or Skin Science. I <3 Science. I don't know why I took Mass Comms.

I want to travel around the world with the love of my life <3 My oyhero ~ and do everything before I die.

Stuff I like

Black Clothes, any Music~, Makeup~, Cameras, Books~, Computers~, and a Nice Big house. ^^ Maybe 100 Billion Dollars is good too. I don't know. Life's too long.